Friday, July 4, 2008

Deep LOVE

Okay...not much to add since my post earlier today, but here goes anyway!!


Sarah and I skipped the fireworks festivities and opted for a much dryer and less patriotic endeavor...the theater! TGI Fridays was the dinner stop tonight mostly because of its convenience. However, I would like to most-notably say that the Jack Daniel's Burger is much better in New York where you can actually get it medium rare!! Hazzaaaah!



After our brief dinner, Sarah and I headed to the Hilton Theater to see The New Mel Brooks Musical Young Frankenstein! It was true extravagance! The sets were amazingly complicated and technology packed and the stars were in abundance! Megan Mullally (Karen from Will and Grace) was a comedic diva, Roger Bart (George, the pharmacist, from Desperate Housewives) has an amazing voice, and Andrea Martin (the crazy aunt from My Big Fat Greek Wedding) was frickin' hilarious!!! I will be the first to say that it was WAY better than fireworks in the rain!





Across from the theater is the first McDonald's I have ever seen with a Marquee SIGN!! LOL!!




And on our walk home you could just make out the Empire State Building in the rain lit up red, white, and blue for the holiday!!



That is all for tonight! Time to join my fabulous girlfriend for the DIRTY JOBS marathon (if I don't pay attention to her...I may lose her to Mike Rowe!)

Tomorrow is a big day...we have a matinee of Dangerous Liasons and then we see IN THE HEIGHTS...the show that I am most looking forward to!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, Ben Daniels has been out of Liasions with a rib injury most of the week. I've heard his u/s Tim McGeever is a bit of a mess, so hopefully Daniels is back in today.

FYI, Ben Daniels is considered an above the title name, which means if he is out today you can return your tickets for a refund if you choose.

Becky said...

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. It is fun to read it each day.
Take good care of Sarah
Love,
Sarah's Mom

12 purple roses said...

wait- you said you were a TEACHER???? its weird to think that teachers have love lives, no offense.... its just weird... btw i'm that seventh grader again