Thursday, July 3, 2008

Oh Hot!!

Well folks...if you haven't heard, it is mad HOT here in New York! It is in the 90s and humid! You know that doesn't bode well for me...but I am still having a good time enjoying the sights!!

The Macy's Department Store on 42nd Street


This morning, Sarah and I hopped on the subway and headed down to the Empire State Building! The lines were long, but thanks to our CityPass we were able to bypass some of them. After an 80 story elevator ride and a 6 story climb (we chose the stairs to bypass another 20 minute line) we were finally on top of the tallest building in New York City. It was very windy up there, which provided some major issues for Sarah and her flow-ey skirt, but the views were cool. It is definitely not something I would do again (mostly because of the lines) but it was something everyone should do once in their life.



After we finally got down from the top of the Empire State Building we headed to lunch at a nummy cafe and walked towards the Flatiron building. This is the famous triangle shaped building that you always see on the New York reality TV shows. The block of street is triangle shaped because of Broadway's diagonal direction and the man who designed it just wanted to make the best use of the land.



Then, we headed over to the Parson School of Design. For all of those Project Runway fans, that is where the designers have their work space. It took a little bit of walking and searching to find it but eventually we did. Sarah and i remarked about how much cooler they make it look on tv.


By this time, I was getting pretty hot and tired (to be honest I was feeling as though I might pass out) so we decided to head back to the room and relax before we see the Little Mermaid tonight. However, on our way to the subway we spotted an oasis in the middle of the desert...PINKBERRY!! For those that haven't heard about PINKBERRY, it is a frozen yogurt shop that was on Oprah's Favorite Things list. They haven't made it out of New York and L.A. yet and it was on our list of things to accomplish while here. We stumbled upon one that we had even walked by once and completely missed. I ordered the PINKBERRY with yogurt chips and chocolate chips!! It was a "Praise Jesus" moment for me! It completely revived me and changed my mood.
Now we are just relaxing before heading out to dinner tonight and our first show!!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Travis:

I'm really enjoying your blog, thanks for sharing. I almost feel like I'm there with you. Say "Hi" to Sarah!

Kristi
(Sarah's cousin)